Plexus-NSD believes that being a leader in our field also means going beyond our commitment to offering high-quality and cost-effective radiation-related services. We must also support communities where we do business, protect the health, safety and well-being of our employees, and safeguard the environment. The following are just a few examples of how we strive to build better lives.
Plexus-NSD is proud to support organizations that are working to strengthen our communities. The following is a listing of some of those fine organizations:
- Marine Corps Toys for Tots Foundation (Quantico, VA) – The primary goal of Toys for Tots is to deliver, through a shiny new toy at Christmas, a message of hope to needy youngsters that will motivate them to grow into responsible, productive, patriotic citizens and community leaders.
- All Breed Rescue and Referral (Gaithersburg, MD) – A 501c3 non-profit organization dedicated to animal care and protection. Their goal is to promote responsible animal ownership and to assume those responsibilities when others are unable or unwilling to do so.
- Washington Animal Rescue League (Washington, DC) – Founded in 1914, the League is the oldest animal shelter in the District of Columbia. The mission of the Washington Animal Rescue League is to rescue, rehabilitate, and rehome animals who have nowhere else to go. We are committed to strengthening and preserving the human-animal bond by supporting animals in their homes through affordable veterinary care, community outreach, and education.
- The Wetlands Institute (Stone Harbor, NJ) – Promotes the conservation and preservation of coastal ecosystems by providing a fun and educational experience for families, school groups and vacationers of all ages.
- Oak Ridge Humane Society (Oak Ridge, TN) – Helping people find room in their hearts to adopt a pet.
- Ottawa Humane Society (Ottawa, ON) – Providing a safe haven for sick, injured and homeless animals in Ottawa.
- Gaithersburg Fireworks Fund (Gaithersburg, MD) – Provides memorable evenings for July 4th attendees, and outstanding tributes to the birth of our nation. Thousands of people enjoy the celebration each year at the Montgomery County Fairgrounds, which includes a concert as well as the spectacular fireworks display.
- Tour de Cure (Houston, TX) – The signature fundraising cycling event benefiting the American Diabetes Association. The Association makes a difference in the lives of the more than 26 million Americans living with diabetes, and its mission is to prevent and cure diabetes and to improve the lives of all people affected by diabetes.
Plexus-NSD strongly and overtly supports an inclusive work environment where all of our employees are valued, respected and able to contribute, regardless of differences. We maintain that our differences are what makes us an effective organization.
Health, Safety and the Environment
At Plexus-NSD, safety always comes first. It is our duty to provide our employees with as safe a workplace as we possibly can. For their protection, we place strong emphasis on maintaining both the office environment and job sites in a safe condition. We also have an established substance abuse policy because our employees have a right to know that they can depend on their co-workers. And we focus on the development, implementation and measurement of ways to minimize the environmental impact of our business operations in the preparation of our procedures and work plans.
At Plexus-NSD, quality in our products and deliverables is not just a goal, it is an integral part of our everyday operations. To that end, Plexus-NSD’s processes, procedures and operations have been Certified to the ISO 9001:2008 Standard.