Distribution of the Plexus-NSD e-Newsletter will cease for a brief period of time. It will resume again shortly, so watch this space!
From time to time, Plexus-NSD sends information on important developments in the radiological field to our clients and colleagues. Some of these mailings are in the form of an e-Newsletter. A listing of the issue date and the headlines from the entire Plexus-NSD e-Newsletter collection appears below. You can also view a recent edition (June, 2016). To receive future editions, simply subscribe using the form at the bottom of this page. There is no cost or obligation for a subscription, and your e-mail address will be used only to transmit the Plexus-NSD e-Newsletter.
October 26, 2016
- New Source Material Rules for Illinois
- Alpha Check Source Reminder
- Is Nuclear Power Sustainable?
- More from the Tidbits Collection
- Radon Errata (Sorry Maryland!)
- E-Newsletter Status Change
September 29, 2016
- Another County Stomps Out Radon
- DOT, USNRC and IAEA Not In Harmony?
- NRDC Slams the NSTS
- Interesting Tidbits
August 31, 2016
- Unit Changes in the Wind?
- World-Wide Safety Culture Guidance
- USNRC Still Busy in August!
- Texas with Egg on its Face
- Health Physics Fashion
July 29, 2016
- Regulators Setting Clean-up Schedules?
- Deadly Cell Phones
- USNRC Lightning Round
June 30, 2016
- Plexus-IEM Merger News
- Revised Distribution License Guidance
- Initial vs. Subsequent Distributions
- A Sad Day for Clean Energy Proponents!
- Radiation Safety Training
May 31, 2016
- Michigan Updates its Radiation Machine Rules
- Transfer of Control/Ownership Complications
- New Gamma Knife Licensing Guidance
- DOT Training Webinar Coming Soon!
April 29, 2016
- Radiographer Guidance Updated
- Falsifying Package Certifications
- Contaminated Scrap Incident/Backlash
- A New Face at Plexus-NSD!
March 31, 2016
- Safety Chill-Out
- Cat 1 and 2 Rule Change
- Regulatory Costs Redux
- And Now on to Fairy Circles . . .
February 29, 2016
- Impacts of a Radium-223 Standard Revision
- Regulatory Costs Dropping in 2017?
- Winter Lightning Round
- Compliance Reminders
January 29, 2016
- Happy New Year!
- SSDR Guidance Revised
- Civilian Use of HEU Still a Hot Topic
- 2015 Enforcement Action Review
December 19, 2015
- The HPS Comments on LNT
- New Groundwater Guidance
- Imports and Distribution Licenses
November 25, 2015
- LLRW Kick in the Pants
- Regulators Concerned about Patients
October 30, 2015
- How to Change the Rules
- The Fourth Element is Calling
- Fall Lightning Round
September 30, 2015
- Cost of a Rem Going Up?
- Cost of Recordkeeping Going Up?
- Timeliness Reminder
- There’s a new Face at Plexus-NSD
August 31, 2015
- Radioactivity, Security and Cyber Crime
- Dose Reporting Guidance Under Revision
- Hot Dice and Hotter Cards
July 30, 2015
- International Shipping Consideration
- Vermont Becoming Agreeable?
- Radioactivity and Gambling?
- End of an Era?
June 24, 2015
- LNT About to Get the Boot?
- Proof of Low Dose Effects?
- Rogue Crop Circle Discovered
May 29, 2015
- Waste Averaging and Encapsulation
- Lions and Tigers and Cover-ups, Oh My!
- Spring Lightning Round
April 30, 2015
- The “Precautionary Principle”
- Effluent Monitoring System Deficiencies
March 30, 2015
- How to Average Waste Concentrations
- Disposal Site Analysis Rules to Change
- Whistleblowers, Safety Culture and Licensees
February 26, 2015
- The Feds and the States Hold a Get-together
- Are the States Becoming Internet-savvy?
- Plexus-NSD Maryland is On the Move
January 30, 2015
- TENORM and Pennsylvania
- Are HP’s a Rare Breed?
- Time for Another Lightning Round
- Plexus-NSD is now a Plexus Company!
December 23, 2014
- Licensing at Federal Installations
- BEIR VIII in the Works?
November 26, 2014
- Hello, Space Radiation!
- New Ohio Oil and Gas Guidance
- The Auditors are Coming!
October 30, 2014
- Waste Disposal Pricing Resource
- The Latest on 10 CFR 20 Revisions
- Battle of the Bands: OSHA vs USNRC
- Lightning Round
September 29, 2014
- WV Soon to Require Landfill Portal Monitors
- EPA Jettisons Dose and Sets New Cleanup Level
- Free Georgia!
- The CDC’s Position on Cell Phones
August 26, 2014
- Legal Distributions Only From Now On!
- A New Part 20? Been There, Done That!
- Plexus-NSD Anniversaries of Note
July 28, 2014
- New Shipping Rules
- Radiation Protection Rules to be Harmonized?
- Increased Controls Now in Effect in Ohio
- Service Provider Guidance Changes
June 30, 2014
- “Bright Light”ning Round
- Are Crops Circling Again?
May 31, 2014
- Individual Monitoring for External Dose
- FCC Mandates Training
- There’s a New Face in Town
- My How Time Flies!
April 29, 2014
- Regulatory Jurisdiction Questions
- Has it Really Been 15 Years?
March 29, 2014
- Regulator Fights Back
- Seventeen Minutes of Fame
- After-the-Fact Regulating
February 27, 2014
- Protecting Proprietary Information
- X-ray Systems and LNT
- En-Lightning Round
January 30, 2014
- License to Leak Test
- Medical Procedure Caution
- New and Improved Plexus-NSD Web Page
December 20, 2013
- That’s Why They Call it Personal
- Cabinet X-ray Systems and Dosimeters
- Plexus-NSD Remains Certified
November 22, 2013
- Ambiguity in License Requirements
- Lightening Round
- Coming Soon to a Device Near You
October 31, 2013
- New Occupational Dose Guidance
- OSHA Focused on Outdated Rules
- Radiation Safety Month is Tomorrow!
September 27, 2013
- Reporting Relief
- Cancer Risk Study Moving Forward
- Lightning Round
August 30, 2013
- Georgia on my Mind
- Broad-based Emergency Preparedness
- Women work here?
July 31, 2013
- Shipping Misunderstandings Redux
- Speaking of Source Material . . .
- Are “Curies” Old News Yet?
- For He’s a Jolly Good Fellow!
June 5, 2013
- Clean it Up Now!
- The End is Near?
- Source Material Rule Finalized
May 7, 2013
- New Federal Guidance on Radiology Procedures
- Timely Renewal of Radioactive Materials Licenses
April 13, 2013
- Lock Up Your Risky Sources
- Exempt Quantity Confusion
- Plexus-NSD e-Newsletter Follow-ups
March 3, 2013
- Shipping Neutron Instruments Gets Easier
- Sealed Source Reminders
- Fixed Radioactivity Measurement Reminder
- The Latest on 10 CFR 20 Updates
December 20, 2012
- Fixed Nuclear Gauges the Subject of an Audit
- Industrial X-rays and Personnel Dosimeters
- Performance Improvement Hint
November 30, 2012
- DPR Compliance Inspections
- Importing Sealed Sources as Waste
- Crop Circle Madness
October 31, 2012
- Heads up Again, Source Material Distributors!
- Drilling-Related Waste Disposal
- Registration of Generally Licensed Devices
- A New Face at Plexus-NSD!
September 30, 2012
- National Source Tracking in Full Swing
- Hospitals as Terrorist Targets?
- The HPS in Sacramento
August 29, 2012
- Heads-up Source Material Distributors!
- High-Priority Waste BTP Ready for Review
- UFO’s and Nuclear Plants
July 31, 2012
- Decommissioning Planning Guidance
- Watchful Eyes on HDR-Afterloaders
June 29, 2012
- A Teenager’s Perspective
- Regulatory “Cheat Sheet” for Shippers
- Radiographers? Not Again!
- Cultural Expansion
May 29, 2012
- Waste Processing Caution
- Draft NAS Report Now Available
- Water Treatment Plants Rejoice!
- More Afoot on Significant Regulatory Change
April 27, 2012
- Airborne Release Constraints
- A Chance to Peek in on the IRPA
- A Crack in the Sealed Source Disposal Door
- Something New on the Plexus-NSD Web Site
March 30, 2012
- OSHA Revises Standards
- USNRC Revises Security Regulations
- Generally-Licensed Device Petition Status
- Alternate Disposal Clarification
- ANSI/AIHA Z10 Under Revision
February 29, 2012
- Update on Rubidium-82 Generators
- Possession versus Distribution
- Regulatory Report Card
January 31, 2012
- Confused about Exempt Quantities?
- Black Lung Disease and LNT
- Regulatory Lightning Round
December 23, 2011
- Decommissioning Planning During Operations
- Multibadging; Peeking Behind the Curtain
- Culture Club
November 30, 2011
- Radiography Licensing Guidance to be Revised
- Consumer Products Policy Evolution
- Regulators Becoming Holistic
October 31, 2011
- Federal Action Plan for Saving Lives
- Unlicensed NARM?
- Banana Equivalent Dose (BED)
September 30, 2011
- General Licenses Getting Closer to a Change?
- Michigan Becomes Disagreeable
- Lightning Round
August 29, 2011
- Rules of Engagement for General Licensing
- Cosmic Rays and Biodiversity
July 29, 2011
- Stop Order Issued to Certain Generator Users
- Info Needed on Public Doses from Nuclear Medicine
- Remedial Actions Soon to be Mandated?
June 30, 2011
- Look it up in the Blue Book
- Cultural Revolution
- We Can All Say No to Legacy Sites
- They Say Its your Birthday . . .
May 22, 2011
- Medical Use Regulations Under Construction
- More Help for Medical Licensees
- Portable Gauge Users Could Get Off Easy
- NORM in Ohio
April 29, 2011
- Pop Quiz on Neutron Instrument Selection
- Stealth Radioactivity
- And the Answer is . . .
March 28, 2011
- Trouble in Japan
- The Cost of Regulating Goes Up Again
- Enforcement Action Roundup
- Plexus-NSD Getting Ready to Socialize
February 27, 2011
- Releasing Nuclear Medicine Patients
- My Kingdom for a Blog
- An Plexus-NSD e-Newsletter Factoid
- Radioactive Waste Blending and Classification
January 26, 2011
- Guidance on Distributing Source Material
- Is it Already Radon Month?
- Cancer Risk Study Progresses
- Crop Circles Making Headlines Again
December 21, 2010
- One Giant Step for (Eliminating) Legacy Sites
- Utilities not Responsible for Plane Crashes
- Even More Info About the Plexus-NSD Web Page
November 30, 2010
- There’s Still Time to Comment
- Lessons Learned from Quality Mistakes
- More Info About the Plexus-NSD Web Page
October 29, 2010
- Source Material Rulemaking Already a Done Deal?
- Can’t do the Time? Don’t do the Crime!
- Licensee Fun Facts
- Site Investigation Guidance Soon to Change
- Keeping up with the Federal Register
September 29, 2010
- Dueling RSOs Not Allowed Just Yet
- The Heartbreak of a 10 CFR 35 Violation
- Enforcement Action Lightning Round
August 31, 2010
- Guidance for Managers and Supervisors
- Checking Radiation Surveys Off the “To Do” List
- Import and Export Rule Changes
- Those Fun-Filled Drinking Water Standards
July 30, 2010
- Distributors of U/Th-Bearing Products Beware!
- More on Security Requirements for Commercial Carriers
June 30, 2010
- More Rules Are a-Changin’
- Are Your Service Providers Trustworthy?
- More VA Hospital Woes
May 28, 2010
- May 28, 2010 Event Notifications
- >VA Hospital Aftermath and Trickle-down
- Pandemic Planning
April 28, 2010
- Just How Risky is Nuclear Power?
- Disposal Guidance with Decommissioning Applicability?
- Sealed Source Leak Testing
- What’s Up with the USNRC
March 31, 2010
- Procedures vs. “Effective” Procedures
- Sealed Source Disposal Assistance
- Plexus-NSD Presents a Paper on Expedited Decommissioning>
- >More on Equipment Failure Reporting Requirements
February 26, 2010
- Source Material Rulemaking Poised for Release
- USNRC Belt-Tightening and Performance Reviews
- Did You Notice that January was Radon Month?
- Exit Signs Under More Fire
- Interested in “Networking” with Regulators?
January 28, 2010
- Timely Reporting is a Requirement; Not an Option
- Updates on Global Threat Issues
- Nuclear Medicine from an HP’s Point of View
- A Fun (Radiological) Fact
December 21, 2009
- Blended, Not Stirred!
- Time to get Reconciled
- No More Lurking in the Shadows?
November 30, 2009
- Becoming Cultured . . .
- OSHA Victorious in Court
- Licensees Just Don’t Get Decommissioning?
October 30, 2009
- Michigan Re-defining Itself
- Did That Shutter Blink?
- This Just In . . . Wal-Mart Receives NOV
September 29, 2009
- Plexus-NSD’s Maryland Office is On the Move
- More Source Material Licensees Waiting in the Wings?
- USNRC Wants Your Thoughts on Waste
August 31, 2009
- Generals Becoming Specific?
- Radiographer Woes
- Patients are Still Not Being Informed!
July 30, 2009
- Regulatory Changes Redux
- Jewelers As Licensees
- Nuclear Events Becoming World Wide
June 30, 2009
- NSTS is (almost) in Full Swing
- Open the Door! Its the FBI!
- Sometimes Smears Just Aren’t Enough
May 30, 2009
- Shifting Shipments . . . Say That Five Times and Quickly!
- New Jersey Becoming More Agreeable by the Minute
- Instrument Calibration Services; Is a License Enough?
- Rogue Lasers On the Loose
April 30, 2009
- Should the USNRC Revise its Regulations?
- What’s New in the World of Decommissioning
- The Lightning Round
March 30, 2009
- Finding Nuclear Gauge Sources
- Source Material Licensing Steps out of the Shadows
- A New Agreement State Welcomed to the Fold>
February 27, 2009
- Sealed Source Security Missteps
- USNRC Wants A New Rule
- Is Specific Becoming the New General?
- Break On Through to the Other Side
- News from the States
- Correcting Personnel Dosimetry Result
January 28, 2009
- The Hunt for Exit Signs
- Tracking the Illusive Radiation Source
- Dose Assessment Without Dosimetry
- Plexus-NSD Employee Elected to Office
December 30, 2008
- Michigan Changing the Rules
- Latest Imaging Guidance: Keep it Gentle
- Once Again, Beware the Rogue HP!
November 25, 2008
- Everything You Wanted to Know About Radium
- More on Submitting Electronically
- Yes Virginia, There May be Agreement!
October 28, 2008
- The Door’s Shut; Now What?
- New Jersey Intends to Agree
- Security Responsibilities and Certain Hired Hands
- Speaking of Purchased Services . . .
September 29, 2008
- Getting Ready to Sell the Farm
- Can’t do the Time? Don’t do the Crime!
- Think You’re Prepared for a Final Status Survey?
- Stocking up on Radiation Protection Supplies
August 29, 2008
- NARM No Longer Waiver-ing
- Shipping Radioactivity; The Plot Thickens!
July 28, 2008
- Improved Security at No Extra Cost
- Michigan’s Rules Becoming Agreeable
- What’s New at the HPS
- Shipping Radioactivity Takes More than a Box and a Stamp
- Countertops in the News . . . Again
June 30, 2008
- “Failure to Secure”
- Michigan Starting to Feel Agreeable?
- AIHce Talks the Talk
May 30, 2008
- Barnwell Door (Essentially) Closed
- Another State Approaching Agreement
- More Guidance on Release of Patients after Therapy
- New York on the Cutting Edge of Regulation Again?
April 28, 2008
- Pennsylvania Becomes Agreeable
- Rulemaking on Patient Release Dose Limits
- Source Trackers Hot on your Tail?
March 26, 2008
- There’ll be Some Changes Made
- Stone Counter Tops are Lookin’ Mighty Suspicious!
- The Latest in Radon Lung Cancer Risks
February 28, 2008
- Rapid Changes in Sealed Source Security Requirements
- NAS Makes Their Recommendations on Source Security
- Everyone’s Talking but the Deadline Still Looms
January 30, 2008
- Who is “Reference Man”?
- The Latest on the CT Scan Uproar
- Plexus-NSD Certified to the ISO 9001:2000 Standard
- Plexus-NSD Welcomes Another New Employee
December 18, 2007
- Dose Reporting Becoming Easier
- Diagnostic Radiology Becoming Riskier?
- Regulatory Input on Medical Event Reporting
- Fingerprinting Source Custodians
- . . . Tick, Tick, Tick . . .
November 27, 2007
- Time keeps on tickin’ . . .
- New Licensing Guide for ARM
- Demand for Radiation Professionals Goes International
- One Solution to Dwindling HP Pool?
- Protective Equipment Free to Employees
October 30, 2007
- Planing to Minimize?
- Byproduct Material Expansion Rule Finalized
- More Action on Generally Licensed Devices
September 28, 2007
- Get to Work on your Situational Awareness
- The Barnwell Clock is Still Ticking
- You May be Smaller Thank you Think
- Exit Signs Stirring Up More Trouble Again
July 31, 2007
- A Funny Story? Not so much.
- USDOE Revises its Radiation Protection Rules
- Updates on a Couple of Decommissioning Issues
- AIHA Roundtable Discussion for New RSOs
June 29, 2007
- Disposal Deadline Looms; State Finds Empathy
- A New Picture Book to Add to the Library
- States Petition for More Radiographer Training
- Modify Your Spam Filters!
- Guidance on Electronic Submissions Now Available
May 31, 2007
- States Lose their Grip on NARM
- Draft NARM Licensing Guidance Offered to States
- Scrappy Little Poster Now Available
- Watch out for Counterfeit Fire Protection Equipment
April 30, 2007
- USEPA Samples Up a Storm
- Pennsylvania Just Might Agree . . .
- >New NARM Regulation is Almost Here
- Medical Radiation Doses Heightening Consciousness
March 30, 2007
- ICRP Releases Draft Report on Interpreting Bioassays
- OSHA Needs Your Help
- Michigan is Starting to Feel Agreeable
- Update on National Source Tracking Implementation
February 26, 2007
- USNRC Ups its Rates Again
- John Wayne and “The Conqueror”
- Universal Radiation Symbol Becomes a Bit Scarier
January 31, 2006
- MARSSIM’s Little Brother?
- DOE Again Offers to Settle Claims
- Not More Portable Gauge Violations!
December 22, 2006
- Decommissioning Funding Changes in the Wind?
- Time to List Your Medical Physicist on Your License
- Trouble with Tritium . . . Again.
- National Source Tracking System Up and Running
November 29, 2006
- Sealed Source Round-up
- Why We Need a Sealed Source Round-up!
- Blind Trust in Service Providers?
- Recent Instrument Rental Program Challenges
October 30, 2006
- National Source Tracking System is Here to Stay
- Abnormal Occurrence Criteria
- A Lesson Learned from the DHS
- Probability of Causation – A Cool Tool?
September 28, 2006
- Standing By for the Latest Word from the ICRP
- Danger, Danger, Will Robinson!
- Source Security Report Heads to Congress
- Legacy Site Prevention Procedures in the Wind
- New Respirator Protection Factors Coming Soon
August 30, 2006
- Atoms Win Their Freedom in New York
- No More Stealth Decommissioning!
- USDOE Procedural Rules May Be Amended
- USNRC is Shopping for Antiques
- HPS Challenges 10,000-year Crystal Balls
- Just Because Its Radioactive Doesn’t Mean Its Rad Waste
- Reliability of Historical Records
July 28, 2006
- NORM/ARM Rulemaking Ready for Comment
- Atoms Banned in New York
- Suspicious Radioactive Material Transfers
- Groundwater Contamination Alert
- They’re Ba-a-a-ack . . . Crop Circles, That Is!
June 30, 2006
- Decommissioning Funding Scrutinized
- Changes in the Wind for Dose Tracking/Recording?
- Verify Your Assumptions and Computer Programs
- National Source Tracking System Could be Expanding
- Plexus-NSD Celebrates a Birthday!
May 30, 2006
- Regulators Need Money Too
- Potential Changes to 10 CFR 35 in the Wind?
- Verify Your HDR Treatment Assumptions
- Plexus-NSD Web Page Getting Popular
April 28, 2006
- NORM, NARM and Byproduct Material
- New Form for Import and Export Reporting
- Suffering From a Common X-ray Machine Weakness?
- National Source Tracking System Audit
- HPS Losing Patience with OSHA?
March 24, 2006
- Does Your Density Gauge Just Seem Funny-looking?
- Mandatory Use of SI Units Not That Explicit
- Minnesota Becomes Agreeable
- HPS Comments on Homeland Security Guides
- A Little Light Reading
- Plexus-NSD’s Tennessee Office Getting Crowded
February 28, 2006
- Monitoring and Decontamination Tips
- Fuzzy Rules of Engagement for Licensees
- Don’t Forget That One Sievert is Equal to 100 Rem
- A New Addition to Plexus-NSD’s Tennessee Office
January 30, 2006
- USNRC Guidance on Concentration Averaging
- Reciprocity is Not a Vacation From Compliance
- States Ask for a Crack Down on Temporary Job Sites
- Protect Your Communications from Terrorists
- More on the USNRC’s NARM Rulemaking
- Regulatory Changes on Products Containing Radioactivity
- Update on New USDOE Safety Rules
December 22, 2005
- If You Can’t Hear This, You’re Too Far Away
- Record Keeping Regulatory Guide Revised
- Surely You Didn’t Miss This Year’s Crop Circle Conference?
November 23, 2005
- Minnesota Just About to “Agree”
- HPS Says Waste Management Needs More Than a Face Lift
- Problems with Criticality Alarms
- Concerns over Sewage Sludge Cooling Off
October 22, 2004
- Shooting at a Moving Regulatory Guidance Target
- Availability of Another Epidemiology Study
- New “Delay for Decay” Requirements
- Can Laser Pointers Bring Down Aircraft?
September 28, 2005
- The Steep Slope of Diagnostic X-ray Trends
- Sealed Source Accountability Getting More Attention
- More Time to Comment on OSHA Regulations
- Federal Regulation of NARM “On Hold” For Now
- Higher Dose Limits for Patient Caregivers
August 19, 2005
- Come by the Open House at Plexus-NSD’s New Office!
- Someone at the USNRC Giving You Grief?
- Dose Projections over Billions and Billions of Years
- Radium Falls Under USNRC Jurisdiction
July 28, 2005
- Follow-up to Last Month’s NAS Radiation Risk Issue
- Errata on the Arkansas Rule Revision
- Interesting Information from the HPS
- National Source Tracking System Being Proposed
- NORM and NARM Emerging from the Shadows?
- Pennsylvania Looking for a Few Good HPs
June 29, 2005
- Recycle/Re-Use Opportunities and Quagmires
- Arkansas Revises its Rules
- New Dirty Bomb Protection Proposed
- Plexus-NSD Welcomes a New Employee
- Nuclear Services Division News
- Stop the Presses! NAS Buys Off on LNT!
May 27, 2005
- New Guidance on Occupational Dose Monitoring
- More on USNRC Specialty Board Certifications
- New Jersey Revises Radiation Protection Rules
- Funding Plan Reminder
- An Irradiator Safety Matter
April 26, 2005
- Specialty Board Certifications Acknowledged by USNRC
- Assuring Radiation Protection for 10,000 years?
- Busted Gauge? Don’t Forget to Report!
- Coral Age-Dating and Uranium Prospecting
March 28, 2005
- Another Run at External Regulation of the USDOE
- USNRC Decommissioning Program Update
- What We Have Here is a Failure To Communicate!
February 23, 2005
- USDOE Reissues Worker Health and Safety Rule
- When is a General License Not a General License?
- Licensing Fees for FY 2005
- New Report on Carcinogens Now Available
- News from Texas on Disposal of NORM
January 25, 2005
- Clearing Up More Murky Transportation Waters
- New Jersey Stomping Out Radon
- Webcast on Radiological Terrorism Response
- New Security Requirements for Portable Gauges
- A Nuclear Stress Test Story – And This Time its Personal
December 21, 2004
- USNRC Announces “Rad Toolbox” Availability
- Do the New DOT Regulations Affect Your Procedures?
- New “Decay-in-storage” Policy Hits the Streets
- Get Reimbursed from the USDOE
- Focused Decommissioning Successes
November 22, 2004
- Tougher Exports and Imports
- Food Irradiation . . . Two Points of View
- Regulatory “Gossip”
- Enforcement Leniency for General Licensees
October 27, 2004
- Has Dilution Become the Solution?
- If You Can’t Pay the Fine, Don’t do the Crime
- Know your Authorized Users
- HPS Updates its Position on Risk
September 28, 2004
- Radiation Exposures from Petroleum Pipe Cleaning
- Are Gauge Violations On the Rise Again?
- ICRP Modifying its GI Series Model
- Managing Water Treatment Residuals
August 27, 2004
- Generally Licensed Device Rule Changes and Agreement States
- Physicians: Make Life Easier on your Patients
- Security Requirements for Portable Gauges
- Utah Now Regulates 11e.(2) Byproduct Material
- An MOU from the ISCMEM
- What? Not More Crop Circle News!
July 27, 2004
- Cautions in the Use of X-Ray Screening Devices
- Radiation Victim Obituary
- OSHA Extends Comment Period on Rulemaking
- ODH Also Proposing Some New Rules
June 21, 2004
- What? No More SDMP Sites?
- Thinking About Discontinuing Personnel Dosimetry?
- Plexus-NSD’s Routine Compliance Program is a Hit!
May 28, 2004
- No Radioactive Waste Crisis (At Least for Now)
- “Exempt Quantities” are Only Exempt Down South
- The Latest In “Crop Circle” News . . .
April 26, 2004
- USNRC Implements Decommissioning MOU with USEPA
- Get-cher CT Scans Here!
- Public Employees and their Survey Instruments
- Something New Has Been Added to the Plexus-NSD Web Site
- A Couple of Plexus-NSD Announcements
March 29, 2004
- Non-Compliance at its Best (or Worst!)
- Emergency Planning
- Emergency Shipping Contacts
February 27, 2004
- Is Utah Becoming Even More Agreeable?
- Remembering TMI
- Review Your Posting/Labeling Practices
- Dirty Bomb Response Addressed by the HPS
January 23, 2004
- Tolerable Radioactivity in Food
- The Inside Line on Standardizing Regulations
- Feds Getting Anxious to Reimburse Clean-up Claims
- Capable of Funding Your Own Decommissioning?
December 21, 2003
- New Sewer Discharge Guidance Becomes Available
- Good and Bad News for Generally-Licensed Device Registrations
- Follow-up to the Mt. Olive Welding Rod Event
- No “Just Desserts” for an Abandoned Radioactive Box?
- Holiday Safety Tips
November 20, 2003
- Welding Rods and Garbage Trucks
- How Risky is Thorium? Really?
- USEPA Offers Their Own Waste Disposal Solutions
October 24, 2003
- Thinking of Decommissioning? Now Might be the Time!
- Crackdown on Cargo Shipments
- New Detector Standards are in the Works
- Have Safeguards Fallen Out of Balance?
September 15, 2003
- Regions I and II Getting it Together
- HPS Revises Position Statement
- More on External Dose Weighting Factors
- New Guidance on NEPA Implementation
- Go Ahead and Trash Your Copy of NUREG-1727
- Remembering 9-11
August 27, 2003
- Device Distributors: Get Your Reports in Order!
- More Security for Portable Gauges
- Hot Flashes and Criticality Monitors
- Brachytherapy Positioning Errors
- Plexus-NSD Lectures at Plum Brook
- “The Perfect Inspection”
July 31, 2003
- Health Physics Society meets in San Diego
- Homeland Security/Emergency Response in the Forefront
- The Whole Body CT Screening Controversy
- Laser Safety Concerns Heightened
- Advice on Decommissioning from the USNRC
- Wisconsin Agrees!
- Plexus-NSD Welcomes Another New Employee
June 28, 2003
- LTR Analysis: The Good, the Bad and the Frightening
- Increased Licensing Fees Become a Fact
- Heightened Safety and Security for Sealed Sources
- Extremity Doses for P.E.T. Technicians and Physicians
- Plexus-NSD Welcomes a New Employee
May 29, 2003
- USNRC Offers Radiation Protection Guidance
- Complacency in Routine Surveillance Programs?
- License Fee Increases Trickle Down
- Is Compassion An Excuse When it Comes to the Law?
April 22, 2003
- A Revolution in Bioassays for Alpha Emitters?
- Of Course My Check Sources Don’t Leak!
- When a Loaf of Bread Cost a Nickle and License Fees . .
- Wisconsin Soon to Join the Ranks of Agreement States
March 24, 2003
- The Real Price of Sloppy Analytical Services
- A New Waste Classification System
- Ultrasound Exposure Criteria
- Spam and the Plexus-NSD e-Newsletter
February 21, 2003
- Decommissioning News From the State of Ohio
- Regulatory Relief for Non-Uniform External Exposures>
- Discharge of NORM-bearing Water Into Sewers Prohibited?
- An RSO is a “Must Have” Item!
- Another Source of the USNRC’s HP Position Papers
January 16, 2003
- NCRP Position on Scrap Metal is Here!
- Utah Low-level Waste Initiative Fails
- Gamma Spectroscopy as an Art Form
- Its That Time Again . . . Form 5’s are Due
- Don’t Forget Your Annual Program Audit
December 20, 2002
- UV and Thorium: Do They Have Something in Common?
- Proof of Radioactivity Everywhere!
- Regulating and Managing Low-Level Waste
November 25, 2002
- Waste Processing – Your Worst Nightmare
- Lawsuit Against USEPA Gets Interesting!
- Errata on the USNRC/USEPA MOU
- Good News from the USNRC on Materials Clearance
- Radioactivity No Longer Linked to Crop Circles?
October 23, 2002
- USNRC Needs More Decommissioning Funds
- A Brief “Rogue Consultant” Reminder . . .
- A Bleak Picture for Device Registrations
- The Long-Awaited Decommissioning MOU is Here!
- Mixed and Radioactive Waste Relief?
September 23, 2002
- When Does “Exempt” Not Really Mean Exempt?
- Disposal Costs – Rising in Utah?
- Disposal Costs – REALLY Rising in California!
- NESHAPs Amendment Becomes Effective Soon
- Ohio Governor Appoints Plexus-NSD Staff Member
August 24, 2002
- Pennsylvania Licensees Must Use Registered Labs
- Uranium Miners May Soon Be Compensated
- Transporting Radioactivity on Short Trips
- Refractory Brick; Too “Radioactive” to Throw Away
July 22, 2002
- Inventory Control Gaining Even More Attention
- Wisconsin Makes it Official
- New Jersey Starts Certifying Laboratories
- Unauthorized Medical Administrations
June 23, 2002
- USNRC White Paper on Decommissioning
- The States are Coming, and the States are Going
- Time for Some Combination Training?
- Fix Up Your Damaged Copy of FGR-13
- Another USNRC Fee Amendment
May 25, 2002
- Disposing of Unimportant Quantities of Source Material
- Calibration Services; Be Careful Where you Get ‘em!
- Waste Disposal Regulations Rejected by the Courts
- Medical Mis-administrations Remain a Concern
April 26, 2002
- Getting in Line for your CT Screening?
- Decommissioning Update
- Regulatory Issue Summary on Dose Assessment
- Release Criteria for Solids (Sigh!)
March 22, 2002
- Sense and Sensibility in New Regulation Plans
- New “Hot Particle” Skin Dose Limits
- Free Density Gauges to a Good Home
- Is your License About to Expire?
- Plexus-NSD Staff Member Appointed to Important Ohio Committees
- PA Waste Processors/Recyclers Expecting a Visit?
February 25, 2002
- Cell Phone Safety; Talk is Cheap!
- Plexus-NSD’s Main Office Moves to New Digs
- Welcome to the Higher Cost of Uranium Storage in Ohio
- Not Another Medical Mis-Administration!
- Initial Installment of Decommissioning Guidance Arrives
- “Hot Particles” Re-emerge as a Hot Topic
- Barnwell Space Information Now Available
January 22, 2002
- Package Documentation is Not Just for High Activities
- Trouble with Registering Generally-licensed Devices
- Wisconsin About to Become an Agreement State?
- Not on Oprah’s List, but a Good Read Nonetheless
- Uncle Sam Wants to Give You Some Money . . . Maybe
- CRCPD Begins to Focus on Decommissioning
December 19, 2001
- USDOE Metal Recycling Resurrected?
- And Speaking of Releasing Stuff . . .
- New UN Publication on Hereditary Effects
- More Emergency Preparedness Documents Issued
- More Risk Information from the USEPA
- Non-ionizing Radiation Rule Changes are Possible
- Oh No! Radioactivity and Crop Circles?
- Action Items for Regulators
November 20, 2001
- Greater Attention Needed for CT Scans
- Texas Disposal Site Obtains an Important Exemption
- Timely Issue of a New NRCP Report
- Is the NRC Still Pondering the NORM Issue?
- Plexus-NSD Decommissioning Booklet Already a “Hit”
October 26, 2001
- Probability of Causation for Radiation Injury Legalized?
- Oh No! Not Another Lost Source!
- Pennsylvania is Getting Closer to Agreement State Status
- Is it Time to Renew Your License?
- New Additions to the Plexus-NSD Web Page
September 24, 2001
- Tragedy in the U.S.
- Sometimes the Parts aren’t Greater Than the Whole
- New Procedures for Compensating Injured Employees
- HPS Position Statement on Personnel Shortages
- External Exposures from Non-uniform Fields
- In Case You’re Still Following the Raising of the Kursk
August 31, 2001 (Supplement)
- Its Here! . . . MARLAP Finally Hits the Streets
August 29, 2001
- Setting Exposure Standards
- Have You Reserved Your Barnwell Space?
- Don’t Forget Uranium and Thorium in your Source Control Program
- NCRP Report on X-Ray Shielding Out for Comment
- Draft Toxicological Profiles for Americium, Cesium and Strontium
- Plexus-NSD Welcomes a New Employee
- Credit Cards Accepted
July 24, 2001
- Instructing Juries and Instructing Workers . . . Similar?
- Skin Dose Regulations Change
- New EIS on Scrap Metal Disposition Starts Up
- Keep Track of your Radiation Sources . . . Redux
- The Consequence of a Lost Source
- If You’ve Been Following the Kursk Recovery . . .
June 20, 2001
- Shipping Error Results in a Fine
- NVLAP Procedure Change . . . What Does it All Mean?
- Do You Trust What Your Computer is Telling you?
- Oh the Fees, They are a-Changin’
- USEPA Formalizes its Radiation Protection Standards
- Plexus-NSD Working with the IAEA
- Plexus-NSD’s Maryland Office is “On the Move” . . . literally
April 20, 2001
- How to Handle Unexpected Contamination Events
- Just When you Thought You Understood the Difference Between USNRC and Agreement State Responsibilities . . .
- Radiation Safety Training – Required or Not?
- The Ground Rules are Changing at USNRC Hearings
- More “Happenings” on the Cell Phone Safety Front
- New Web Page Additions
- Inventory . . . Inventory . . . Inventory!
March 20, 2001
- Spring Cleaning and Refractory Brick
- Yes, Titanium Ores Contain Radioactivity!
- The Trials of Decommissioning Funding
- A Lesson in Quality Assurance
- The USNRC Agrees; You’d Better Do What You Say!
- Mixed Oxide Fuel Making a Comeback?
February 26, 2001
- It’s Form-5 Time Again!
- And Speaking of Bioassays . . .
- EPA Issues Soil Screening Guidance
- Latest Activities from ISCORS
- Grant Programs for States with Formerly-Licensed Sites
- Simply Complying with a Regulation is No Longer Enough
- Something New in the Plexus-NSD Web Page
January 19, 2001
- Such a Big Deal for Such a Short Half-life!
- More on Compensating Radiation Workers
- USDOE Offers Even More Reimbursement
- No Excuse for Slippery Radioactive Materials
December 20, 2000
- Rad Workers to Receive Financial Compensation
- A General License Ain’t So General Any More!
- Human Subject Research Demands Attention
- USNRC to Increase its Regulatory Authority?
- State Weighs in on Financial Assurance
- What a Year it has Been!
December 7, 2000 (Supplement)
- USEPA Finalizes Drinking Water Regulations
November 21, 2000
- Increased Tracking of Generally-Licensed Devices
- Computer Codes Updated
- HPS Takes Another Position . . . Against the USEPA
- New Regulatory Issues Summaries
- National Academy Weighs in Again on Dose Rate Effects
- The Latest on the Release of Solids for Unrestricted Use
- New X-ray Guidance Hits the Streets
October 19, 2000
- Ground Rules for Surveys Have Changed
- Meanwhile, the USEPA Has Also Been Busy
- USNRC Discontinues Authority in Oklahoma
- USNRC Information Notices Worthy of Mention
- University NOV Offers Valuable Lessons
- Compensating Nuclear Workers Could Impact Others
- Plagued with Regulatory Delays? Don’t Feel So Bad!
September 22, 2000 (Supplement)
- Communicating Radiological Information (“Unknowns Nag After Fires at Atomic Site”)
September 20, 2000
- Risk-informed Regulating Being Explored
- USEPA Provides New Training Resources
- Communicating Radiological Information
- Mixed Waste Processing Alternatives
- Pennsylvania Getting Closer to an Agreement with USNRC
- News from the National Academy of Sciences
- Health Physics Society Goes on Record
- Cautions on Alpha Surveys by Direct Measurement
August 28, 2000 (Supplement)
- New Source Material Regulations?
August 17, 2000
- More Licensing Guidance from the USNRC
- Disposal Difficulties in the Absence of Release Limits
- More from the USEPA on Remediation Goals
- Breakdown in Contamination Control
- Web Site Broadcasts Recycling Woes
- Medical Exposures for Occupational Workers
July 19, 2000 (Supplement)
- Proposed Changes in Transportation Regulations
July 19, 2000
- Are You Still Using All of your Restricted Areas?
- Agency Disagreement on “Safe Dose” Heats Up
- DOE Slams the Recycling Door
- International Uranium Seeks License Expansion
- Access to Public Documents Gets a Bit Easier
- Guidance on Sewage Sludge Activity Revise
- Changes in Transportation Regulations Coming Up
- New Additions to the Plexus-NSD Web Page
June 16, 2000
- Oklahoma Seeking Agreement State Status
- More Clean-up Criteria Info
- Changes to Ohio’s Rules
- New Epidemiological Studies Worthy of Note
- Kerala Villagers Scrutinized
- GTS Duratek Acquires Chem-Nuclear Systems
- USEPA Issues General Duty Clause Guidance
- Proposed New Disposal Facility for 11e.(2) Material
May 17, 2000
- Recycling . . . Redux!
- Extremity Exposures Under Investigation
- ISCORS Has a Web Site
- USEPA Issues Groundwater Handbook
- Semi-annual Regulatory Agenda is Here
- USEPA Issues Revised Drinking Water Standards
- Louisiana Bows Out of Inspection Role
- A Follow-on to Reporting Ownership Changes
April 21, 2000 (Supplement)
- USEPA Proposes New Drinking Water Regulations
April 20, 2000
- More Insights into the Release Criteria Problem
- USEPA Offers Some Handy Guidance Documents
- A Reminder to Report Ownership Changes
- USEPA Developing Acute Exposure Guidelines
- Special Inspections for SCBA Cylinders
- Health Implications of Skin Doses
- Ohio Announces Fee Changes
- USNRC Takes Notice of Medical Misadministrations
March 23, 2000
- MARLAP Hits the Streets . . . almost
- USNRC Issues (draft) Strategic Plan
- More Bad Publicity for Medical Licensees
- DOT Extends Registration Requirements
- You Just Thought you Terminated Your License
- How Are You Doing on Those Form-5s?
- Cherry Blossoms and Source Material
- New Items Appear in the Plexus-NSD Web Page
February 18, 2000
- Courts Prohibit Local Efforts to Restrict Discharges
- USNRC Takes the Lead in Establishing Release Limits
- New Jersey Kicks Off Agreement State Process
- Another Assault by Contamination!
- Medical Programs are Back in the USNRC’s Sights
- Sunspots and Flight Crews
- DOE Health Claim Response Could Explode
January 21, 2000
- Dual-Agency MOU on Sealed Sources
- Exempted Materials and Items Addressed
- USDOE Offers to Pay UP
- More Changes Coming in Transportation Regulations
- RADDECAY Available for Free (and without a Y2K bug!)
- Barnwell Availability Again in Question
- USDOE Backs Down from a Good Plan
- The Rest of the Radiation Poisoning Story
December 22, 1999
- Mississippi Authorizes Landspreading of NORM
- How Do You Spell (Regulatory) Relief?
- Final Toxicological Profiles Issued
- They’re Here! . . . Screening Values for Soils
- Federal Agencies Ponder Radioactivity in Sewers
- Semi-annual Agenda Available for Review
- Mixed Waste Rules Proposed
November 17, 1999
- EPA Seeks to Regulate Radon in Water
- Everyone’s a Loser . . . More to the Radiography Saga
- Utility Fined for Safety-related Discrimination
October 18, 1999
- Respirator Usage is Back in the News
- Employee Participation is the Key to Compliance
- Self-Audits Become Less Risky
- Plexus-NSD Offers New Combination Training Courses
September 22, 1999
- Ohio is Officially an Agreement State
- Risk-based Review of Byproduct Material Licenses
- New Version of Form-3 Hits the Streets
- Important Meeting on Materials Clearance
- Make Way for the New “Exposure Factors Handbook”
- New Guidance on Prenatal Exposure Assessments
August 23, 1999
- Generally-Licensed Radioactivity Becomes Complicated
- Looking for Information on Radioactivity in Water?
- More on the USNRC’s Decommissioning Rule
- When is a Waste Not a Waste?
- “Gloves Off” at the FDA!
July 17, 1999
- Getting Rid of Mildly-contaminated Solids
- Emission Guidelines for Incinerators
- A Revised Regulatory Guide
June 15, 1999
- Ohio Agreement State Status Draws Near
- Landfill Regulatory Woes
- Another Fee Change
May 15, 1999
- NRC Grants Important Source Material Exemption
- No More Bundling of Exempt Quantities
April 15, 1999
- Changes to Laser Product Performance Standards
- NRC Takes a Stand on D&D and Recycling
March 18, 1999
- Yet Another Poisoning Case
- Plexus-NSD Goes Electronic
February 19, 1999
- New Guidance from the DOT
- Waste Disposal Rumors
- NRC Withdraws Regulatory Guides
January 18, 1999
- New Sealed Source Regulation One Step Closer
- CRCPD Finalizes NORM Regulations
December 21, 1998
- What a Year It’s Been (a year in review)
- Looking Forward . . .
November 25, 1998
- NCRP Draws the Line on Radiation Exposure Effects
October 26, 1998
- NRC Announces License Termination Workshops
- New Guidance on Distribution Licenses
September 30, 1998
- Change in Adjudication Regulations for Veterans
August 22, 1998
- Federal Regulations on Medical Uses of Radioactivity to Change – USNRC Proposing Extensive Revisions
July 27, 1998
- Multi-agency Action on Respiratory Protection
- USNRC Issues Minor Modifications to 10 CFR 20
June 18, 1998
- Federal Guidance on Risk Raises Concerns
- Committee on NORM Standardization Formed
May 20, 1998
- USNRC Publishes Revised Enforcement Policy
- HHS Issues Proposed Rule on Human Research
April 22, 1998
- USNRC Takes Action on Sealed Sources
March 19, 1998
- EPA Announces it is Exempting Releases of Certain Radionuclides from the Reporting requirements of CERCLA and the Emergency Planning and Community Right-to-know Act
February 11, 1998
- USNRC Announces MARSSIM Available for Public Use